National Dentist’s Day: 10 Ways Your Dentist Protects Your Health
We all know we should visit the dentist regularly. Experts usually recommend a visit once a year for adults and once every six months for children. It’s important to stick to this, as your dentist is there to help keep you and your family healthy.
In honour of National Dentist’s Day on Wednesday 6th March, here are ten ways your dentist works to protect your health.
- They help you manage common dental problems such as gingivitis or teeth sensitivity.
- They can advise you on how to achieve excellent dental hygiene. Your dentist is the absolute best port of call for personalised advice on this.
- They work with young children to build a life-long positive relationship with visiting the dentist.
- They will identify spots where plaque is forming and where more attention is needed in order to prevent fillings.
- They are on your side in a dental emergency and will be able to help you find the right solution as quickly as possible.
- They are able to watch out for early warning signs of more serious conditions such as periodontal disease or even mouth cancer.
- They help support patients during pregnancy, when a great deal of changes can happen in your mouth.
- They are able to identify problems with alignment that may benefit from teeth realignment treatment.
- They can offer brilliant lifelong solutions in cases where a tooth has been lost or needs to be removed.
- They are well practised at calming nerves and soothing fears: once you’ve found the right dentist you’ll discover there really is nothing to worry about.
How long has it been since you last visited the dentist? Whether you’re already a Damira Dental patient, or whether you’d like to become one, you will be very welcome here.
Why not mark National Dentist’s Day by making an appointment for a check up? You can find your closest Damira Dental practice here.